Images taken with your EVO 4G LTEGeneral

1. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Glad to see a lot of people cranking out very high-quality photos. Some might even call them 'professional.'

I think the feature I like most about what HTC had done to this camera+software is to ensure first and foremost that the picture is in focus. I see lots of post-processing going on, and to a trained eye, some may say that these are a no-no, but whatever. Sharpness IMO is the highest priority for a photo. Followed by exposure. Then color.

There have been so many cases where I use this camera thinking that it HAS to come out blurry, due to my experience with previous cell phone cameras. I'm almost always getting a perfectly sharp image.
  2. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

3. some.devil

Pride parade

[​IMG]
    EvoGeek, PattiCakeUS and falconey like this.
  4. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member

5. some.devil

6. some.devil

7. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member

At my yearly family bbq

Attached Files:

PattiCakeUS and EarlyMon like this.
  8. Cactus73

Cactus73 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I forgot I was in the HDR mode when I shot this one...ruined the pic.

[​IMG]
    EvoGeek, PattiCakeUS and EarlyMon like this.
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Bummer, looks like a great moment. Loved the first one!
  10. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

11. Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia Member

I've been to Smart Bar and Metro and/or walked/drove past it so many times, but I never noticed how nice the building looked. Thanks.
    EvoGeek and some.devil like this.
  12. omiller315

omiller315 Well-Known Member

I am loving this camera. Amazed with not even messing with settings. I will put the phone right up next to a family cat or dog and it will be perfectly focused from no more than an inch away. They are turning out great...The details in the photos are nice. I am no expert and I know it isnt DSLR quality, but beats any cell camera and even my point and shoots I always had. I always had a hard time getting up close and clear photos to sell stuff on Ebay with the P&S cameras. Maybe I will have to post one to show
  13. some.devil

14. some.devil

15. EarlyMon

An advert for the root camera upgrade by me.

I decided that a common use case was just to snap a picture, crop it and go with it. So, I stepped out the front door, walked to the hedge, took this, then cropped out a center piece that was about 30% or less of picture - taking it from a 3.5 MB image to 271 kB for what you see here. Then, Flickr compressed it a little bit, too.

I am impressed by the high contrast between the darkest and lightest spots in the picture, as well as the handling of yellow-greens through dark greens, with sharp edges and little in the way compression artifacts given the butchering done to it.

Again - this was all on normal, automatic and then cropped out of the actual picture.

[​IMG]
  16. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

EvoGeek, falconey, some.devil and 2 others like this.
  17. some.devil

I decided to do a couple indoor shots today to see how the Low Light setting works. You can definitely see a difference.

Low Light ON

[​IMG]

Low Light OFF

[​IMG]
  18. EarlyMon

If those are fluorescent lights, check out the adjustment under settings, white balance. ;)
    some.devil likes this.
  19. some.devil

Thank you!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  20. some.devil

Wrigley Field!

[​IMG]
  21. AHWagner

AHWagner Well-Known Member

22. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member

Took this yesterday of my coworkers with the hipster filters it comes with pre loaded. Thought it turned out pretty good.

[​IMG]
    EvoGeek, some.devil and PattiCakeUS like this.
  23. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Well-Known Member

Did they know you were taking their picture? ;)
  24. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

burger...more pics of the female co-worker!...LOL. So, do you miss the MoPho or about the same experience. Still holding out, but right now I'm edging towards LTEvo because of the Car Dock and overall functionality.