Imagio Battery in ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gramenz

gramenz Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys....I was doing some research on batteries, and found a thread about an HTC Imagio 1500mAh battery working in the Droid Eris, compared to the stock 1300 mAh that comes factory. I called Verizon, whom confirmed this was true.

I know Seidio is comming out with an extended battery for the Eris, but in the mean time I was going to pick up an Imagio battery to try out. Anyone out there tried an Imagio battery in the Eris? Anyone have access to try this? Just wondering if you would get a noticeable difference in battery life from it. Like to hear some feedback. Thanks!

Erik

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

3. droidcody

droidcody Member

I can test this when I get home a little later today and I'll let you know if it works or not.

4. gramenz

gramenz Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks alot! I really appreciate it!

5. droidcody

droidcody Member

So guys the Droid Eris can use the Imagio Battery, but there is one slight issue. That is the cover does not seem to snap all the way back into place. it snaps fine top and bottom and the one side will snap as well, but the other side won't, easily. I didn't push it real hard, since the Eris was one of my Architects phones, but sure enough the Eris will boot up with the Imagio battery in there and the battery fits perfectly fine. The challenge seems to be finding a way to keep the cover on the Eris fully closed. It's really close so you may be able to pull it off. I only had 5 minutes so I couldn't play with it much to see if it is possible.

6. c64

c64 Well-Known Member

peeled off the cover of the imagio battery, seems to help.closes completely on three sides.

7. Mountainguy

Mountainguy Member

I can't see an extra 200mAh really helping out that much...not for ~$30 or whatever it's running unless you're going to be out in the middle of BFE and will need every extra minute you can get. Save your money.

8. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

This is all the same news as the Hero battery working.

It may actually be the same battery. The sides won't snap but the top and bottom do.

9. pablissimo

pablissimo New Member

I have the Mugen Power 1800ma Imagio battery for my Eris. Like the other batteries the case closes on the top and bottom but stays a little open on the sides. I peeled of the sticker on the battery on the sides and it fits perfectly with no gaps at all.

Also: the battery seems to be lasting much longer but I haven't quantified eaxctly how much.

10. smacky

smacky Banned

Good find. Might be better to just buy an Eris battery, it sounds like.

11. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

Can you download spare parts and then do a comparison of the two for us :D