IMAP Client Doesn't Delete Messages

1. miles120

miles120 New Member

I am new to the Android platform, getting my Droid X yesterday. I had no trouble setting up four mailboxes, and am sending and receiving mail seamlessly.

There is one bizarre thing: if I read a message on my phone, the IMAP client sets the flag on the server as 'read', but if I delete the message on the Droid it is left on the server (and all my other IMAP clients.) Has anyone noticed this? I can't find a setting that would effect this behavior.

Oh, I update my mail every 15 minutes, but the problem persists even after a manual refresh.

Advertisement
    :
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Go to your mail account settings for the IMAP account and select incoming server settings. Change "Delete mail from server" from "Never" to "When I delete from inbox."
  3. miles120

miles120 New Member

Unfortunately, the UI doesn't have that setting in the Accounts section.
  4. jwbtx

jwbtx New Member

5. miles120

miles120 New Member

Thanks JWB, I'll give K9 a look. It seems to be pretty popular.
  6. jamadza

jamadza Active Member

K9 deletes messages from gmail servers but you have to go to Account settings ---- Incoming server ---- scroll to Trash folder name and set it to "Gmail/Trash". From then on, when you delete a message in K9, it will be moved to Gmail/Trash (Trash folder on Gmail server).
  7. macemt

macemt New Member

I have had the same problem since the first day I got the Droid X (I got it on launch day). I have called Verizon several times and have ended up creating a case with Motorola. They were complete **bleep** and of no help. Their number is 800-734-5870 if you want to try. I simply gave up because I don't have time to fight this problem anymore and attempted to move on. I have used MailDroid Pro for the most part even though right now that isn't working anymore either. I am probably going to just wait until I am due to get the iPhone and just replace this phone. Very disappointing. Otherwise, I think the phone has been great!

Let me know if anyone gets through to Motorola to get this corrected.
    Jason

8. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Maildroid has been working great since the last update to 1.79?