1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

IMAP email Android

Last Updated:

1. nate51

nate51 Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC Desire and have set up multiple email accounts on it with no trouble. The system works great. The only problem I find with work email accounts (non-gmail or hotmail) is that when I send an email it saves to the sent items folder on the phone but when I go to Outlook and go to the sent items folder there it does not show the sent item.

But other than that there are no issues with sending or recieving. I am using 1and1 IMAP for these emails that are having trouble. Has anyone else found a solution to this without downloading an app. I am very used to the system already in Android 2.1.

Advertisement
  2. nate51

Ok got a reply back from my web host. They stated that my Outlook uses the folder "Sent Items" where as my Android device is saving my sent items to the "Sent" folder, so I checked the phone and I have access to both directories so I can see emails sent from my Outlook and emails sent from my Android. But in Outlook I only have the "Sent Items" folder so I am unable to see emails sent by my Desire.

Does anyone know of a way to reassign where Android saves sent email messages?

3. nate51

I was able to figure out the problem myself, if anyone has a similar problem I hope my write up helps.

Write up on my Tumblr Click Here

-- Nate

Oaktown likes this.