• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IMAP email for google apps account not working (samsung vibrant)

x2mk

Lurker
Aug 14, 2010
Hey guys,

So this is actually my first thread and post on this forum, but I'm hopping that by joining the community I will be able to learn a lot as well as help others.

A,nyway,i have been trying to setup my schools email account via google apps but to no avail. I have gotten count less errors both on the gmail and email app.F

Typical errors include "invalid credentials", "rejected", or something of that nature.

I have also tried setting my username to "anon@usc.edu" , "anon@gmail.com", or simply "anon".

These are the settings I use:

Incoming mail settings
Imap
Imap.gmail.com
Port 993
SSL

I won't bother including outgoing email settings because I have yet to even make it past the incoming settings page.

Let me know if there's any more information that may help. Thanks for the help, this stupid little issue is killing me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones