IMAP email on Droid issue

Last Updated:

1. Arius1

Arius1 Member This Topic's Starter

I just switched from the HTC eris to the Droid and had no issues with IMAP on the eris which is running 1.5 OS.

What's happening is I setup my personal domain email as imap and all works. I mark all messages in the inbox as read. When new email comes in it marks the entire inbox as new. I've deleted the account multiple times and done a hard reset. I even tested this in the store on 2 phones.

Moto doesn't have an answer and I found this thread on the VZ forums Droid IMAP emails always Unread - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community which the OP is using the same hosting company as I am. I've never had a problem on a WinMo, BB or iPhone setting it up the same way. Something seems off but not sure what it is.

I've setup GMail via the same mail app and that's working.

Advertisement
  2. nit115

nit115 New Member

I am having the same problem on Nexus One. Can't seem to get it to work.

3. Arius1

You've got to be kidding me. So you have the 2.1 OS correct? If that's true no fix it's a bug and Motorola established that with me. It was going up to their dev team & googles this past monday.

4. nit115

nit115 New Member

Yup this is true - I have been messing with the phone all morning. Got it yesterday -

I am trying to figure out how to add a signature....Can't seem to find it...if it even has this complicated feature...

5. Arius1

If the Nexus is like the Droid you can't the default mail app sucks. You can download a K-9 app if you want which does have it but not a very nice interface.