IMAP email problems

Last Updated:

1. alextartu

alextartu New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm sure I must be being dumb, but, I'm having an issue with deleting emails from the generic email client on Android 1.5.

I use the gmail app for dedicated gmail stuff...works like a dream. However, my uni email address (IMAP) using the normal 'email' app is a different story.

It will receive emails no problem, but if I delete them they disappear for 2 seconds, then reappear in the inbox again (in the same place) with a line through them, they don't even move into the trash folder. However, what does happen is that they disappear off my webmail server. I would much prefer this to be the opposite way around : )

Is there a way of actually removing something from the inbox once it's been received, or is it there forever?

Many thanks.

Alex

btw...it's a LG Gw620 (eve/intouch max) running android 1.5.

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

how do you have your imap set up on the server?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

3. alextartu

alextartu New Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm, now you're asking.

The server is my university webmail. I have just used the settings on the phone that they suggest for setting up thunderbird/etc.

I have very little control over the settings on the webmail page (they use squirrelmail).

Maybe I'm attempting the impossible given my lack of control over squirrel mail. But really, it seems that it is just the phone that is refusing to delete them from its memory (it is happily deleting them off the squirrelmail server.)

Thanks for helping me out.