• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IMAP emails deleted on phone not deleted on server

sydbloke

Lurker
Apr 26, 2011
Hi,

I have an IMAP email account setup on my S3, when I delete emails on the phone they reappear on the next sync. I've done lots of searching on the net for possible solutions including:

- delete and recreate the mail account - done, doesn't make any difference
- set the account as 'premium' - that setting is not available in any screens when adding an email account on the S3

So I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the problem is. I've read some threads which say it's an ICS issue but it can't be ICS as I have an Acer Iconia Tab A501 running ICS and the emails deleted on the tab are deleted on the server, so it must be an S3 email client issue.

Anyone have the issue and found a fix yet?

Thanks,

Paul.

yeah, noticed that on the pop3/exchange settings. Just got fed up and downloaded K-9 mail. It works fine with my work email but my exchange account from school doens't want to work with that. Don't really care too much. Biggest compalint about K-9 is the aesthetic. It just looks ugly and not very user friendly. Any other options?

Upvote 0
I was running POP3 - as I had forever - but finally got on my horse and switched everything over to IMAP last night. And now I - and my wife - are having the exact same problem. My Thunderbird client on PC works fine, but both S3s re-populate the deleted emails. I also think it's a stock email client problem. Very irritating. It syncs right if you delete the email off the server from *another* client, but it will not do it from the phone.

Upvote 0
Also experiencing this issue with stock mail app on samsung galaxy s4.

imap account, used to work fine but now won't delete from server despite deleting on phone so on next sync/refresh the emails reappear.

I cant use k9 mail or solmail etc because they dont support Exchange properly and I want to use one app for all email accounts including my imap home email and my exchange work email.

any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones