• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IMAP not saving to SENT

NewDroid16

Lurker
Aug 10, 2011
Hello - I have always been a blackberry user and recently switched to the Droid 3. Even using the blackberry with GoDaddy's POP account, emails synched up beautifully. After changing to the Droid 3, the emails no longer synched and I switched my email to IMAP with GoDaddy. That fixed the problem of the email synching but now...when I send an email from my Droid using the native email client, the email is not saved in any SENT folder...anywhere. The email is received by the intended recipient but I have no record of the email being sent. Since then, I switched to K9 and it works properly, but I really would like to use the native email client. After spending hours on the phone, Go Daddy has concluded that my setting (Ingoing and Outgoing) are all correct....Verizon has no idea...and Motorola has escalated this to a level 3 support issue and are working to find an answer.

I just figured that I would throw this out there and see if anyone has experienced any similar issues and know of any fix.

Thanks!

Couldn't find on the forum where this issue was "fixed" or discussed. But, I am having the exact same problem with my Android 3 phone and the Android default email client using IMAP. Everything works okay except my biggest gripe is that it will not save a copy of emails I send from my phone anywhere! They are not on the phone -- nor on the server. :(

Thinking of going with K9 email client that I've heard others use because of this issue with the Sent email not being saved. I use Android 3 default email client with two of my email accounts, and Touchdown for my corporate email exchange account.

Has anyone else run into this issue -- or have a better "fix"?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Is the SMTP server (which is used for sending mail) the right address for that account, or are you using a different SMTP server? If you use the server for the wrong account the mail message will not be seen by your mail server so it will not show up in your sent mail folder.

That said, I greatly prefer k9 mail anyway (though O do not use it myself - I do everything with the GMail app these days.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones