IMAP settings on the GS4 (i337 stock ROM)Support

Last Updated:

1. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

I have no problem setting up IMAP on my GS4 for receiving email. But I can't get the outgoing settings to work for my work email using the stock email app.

Of course work uses MS Exchange... and I absolutely hate giving control of my phone to device administrator. The control restrictions are simply draconian in my view. So I'm trying to bypass MSE by using IMAP.

I can receive email just fine, so my incoming settings are fine. But I cannot find the right combo of settings to make my outgoing email work. I've tried multiple ports, no joy. Different to no security... no joy. My SMTP server starts with I copied the settings of a colleague with an iPhone (and their phone sends and receives email fine), but no joy.

When my GS4 checks the outgoing server settings, I get an alert that says unable to connect to email server to verify my account... no response from server. Or I get a response saying it can't safely connect to the server.

Anyone have any tips for making my outgoing server connections work properly? The only non-stock part of my GS4 is using Nova Prime launcher.

I am stumped at the moment.