IMDb app question

Last Updated:

1. IBAmyB

IBAmyB Member This Topic's Starter

I live in Australia and purchased an unlocked HTC Desire. The handset that came is a T-Mobile branded phone - and had a German box/ instructions. ;)

All is fine with changing it to English setting until the new IMDb app came along. All the titles show up in German and the release dates, etc are for the German times. (Which is kinda okay since I will be moving to Germany in a month...)

However, I would like to be able to have the titles in English. I have the settings to imdb.com and amazon.com. Even if I set it to my parents US ZIP code the same things happens... (I'm an American, currently living in Australia and moving to Germany in a month... I know, I'm confusing.)

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Try uninstalling it, then reinstall it.

May work.

If it doesn't, try setting it to uk.imdb.com.

3. IBAmyB

Tried both. No luck.

And of course when I e-mailed IMDb about it I got an automated message saying thank you for your input and that they don't respond to messages.

Ugg. It's not really a big deal as it all still works, just annoying that it's in German...

4. IBAmyB

Answered my own question!

The app MoreLocale 2 let me change the phone's settings. Now it's all good. ;)