1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

IMDB App

Last Updated:

1. coercri

coercri Member This Topic's Starter

When I had an (Spit) iPhone, there were quite a few apps that interfaced to IMDB and took the search results info and formatted it better for a small screen, but I cannot find any for Android anywhere.

Does anyone know of such an app or if one is being written for Android?

Advertisement
  2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Movies by Flixter does basically everything.

Movie listings, trailers, IMDb reviews, Netflix & Facebook syncing, even online ticket purchasing. I don't see a need for a dedicated IMDb app...

3. coercri

coercri Member This Topic's Starter

Its not the same, I use Flixster, but you can look at IMDB trivia, goofs, not even search for artists/writers/directors. I don't look at reviews or trailers, although I do use it for movie listings.

I know it can all be done through the browser, but it becomes so much easier with a dedicated app - imagine the difference between looking up something on Wikipedia and the Wapedia app

4. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

I especially appreciate how the IMDB site is sure to show you an ad for the iPhone app. lol

Seriously, I think Apple must have paid for exclusive advertising.

5. badfrog

badfrog Well-Known Member

I know on my eris with 1.5 there is a paid IMDB app, but when I went to 2.1 leaked, that version wasn't on the market place any longer, however there are 2 free versions still

6. drabidea

drabidea Well-Known Member

What I really want is a widget that looks like the google search widget that comes with all of the phones but has a drop down menu to select if you want it to search google, imdb, wiki, etc. Like what you see on firefox. That would be AMAZING!!!!

7. ttinsley

ttinsley New Member

8. badfrog

I have an app that shows me movie times, etc. not what IMDb is all about.
    IMDb is for looking every tidbit of info on a movie, actor, director, etc...
    I want to be able to look up an actor and see every thing they have been in, etc. watching some odd movie and you seem some actor that you think you know, you can look up the movie and see who they are. etc, etc.

9. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

The app "Movies" uses Rotten Tomatoes database and will allow you to search for directors, actors, etc. No the most extenive database but not that bad either. My old Treo had Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide (I think released by Handmark) but not available for Android. PhoneFlics for Netflicks users is not to bad either.

10. badfrog

I have movies installed, and it isn't bad, but I am fan of IMDb, use it all the time on the computer, etc... love the ability to have it on the phone as well.

Phoneflix isn't working on the Eris 2.1 build, it loads up, but can't connect to the internet, apparently this is happening with many apps..