• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ImeI code changed to null

KEKICAAA

Jul 25, 2016
Hello guys I need help im trying to fix my phone one week and still no help, I upgradet my android 6.0 and I got camera fail so I downgrade it to 5.0 with no back up, so stupid to do. I lose my imei code now I got 004 imei code I tryed everything (odin, octopus, firmware change ...) still nothing can it be fixed somehow. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H help ! Thanks

I tryed to flash it with stock firmware 6.0 via kies but imei stay 004 i dk what is wrong im not so good with softvere problems to be honest, i need help so desperately :( Im doing something wrong but dk what. I live in Bosnia and Hercegovina (europe) and my phone is made in vietnam, i dk what country firmware i need to download or is it same? Thanks for replys and help.

Upvote 0
Are you sure you used Kies?
If you used the Firmware Upgrade and Initialization in Kies3, and entered your model number and SN, it would have selected and flashed the correct firmware for you.
Take a look at this guide
http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/skp/faq/1072789
If flashing the firmware doesn't correct the problem, there are PC programs that will allow you to write the IMEI number back to the phone, as long as your EFS partition is not totally trashed and you can connect to the program

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I have all download on my pc but didnt try it all, im gonna try tomorw i just found this
but when i try to connect phone to kies before i put on upgrade its say model dont have inicialization something like that, so i need to put the upgrade first on and than i connect it with usb, im not sure but in this video he put model name and imei, and on my kies i dont see that option only model name and serial number

Upvote 0
If you follow the guide, you enter your model number then your SN. If it says that your model number is supported, then you connect you phone with your phone in download mode and follow the rest of the prompts.
If your model number is not supported, then we need to figure out the correct firmware and flash it with Odin.
Going offline now. Will check first thing tomorrow, approximately 6hrs.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I flashed it
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1101)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sboot.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/004> Removed!!

After that i wipe cache partiton, and wipe data/factory reset, rebot. Still my IMEI is 004 :/
Do i need to root it again so we can try other solution?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones