Imm30b??

1. StateYourJames

StateYourJames Active Member

I just got my replacement Gnex as my USB port died on my last one. I am wanting to go straight to Jelly Bean but I am unfamiliar with the build number. Am I free to dive in and start the root and then JB away? Or anything I need to know? As this is a replacement, I don't want to fudge it up. ALSO - this thing came unlocked, is that normal?

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

If it came unlocked, the person before you did so. The Gnex is the most root/mod friendly phone available. So, yes. It's as easy as that. Just make a nandroid (backup) of your present rom, in case you make a mistake. (Hard to do on the gnex).

Above all, ask us questions. :)

Steven
    NSutherl likes this.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

If imm30b is the build number, then the person before you also loaded a leak to 4.04 that came out before the current official imm76k build.
  4. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

Funny that VZ sent an unlocked and previously/currently rooted replacement!
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Probably belonged to one of us!! :p
  6. dockmaster

dockmaster Well-Known Member

wow if thats the case...it brings up an interesting question. Is there a way to wipe the sd card and partitions so no data can be restored, like on a computer hd? Unless a computer files are over written a bunch of times the files are still there for the taking....

Rockin

Billd
  7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Yes and no. Depends upon how Samsung does things, but the SDCard can be wiped, as well as some partitions. Using a stock system OS file you'll overwrite most of the partitions, but there may be a hidden partition here or there that will never get overwritten.
  8. NSutherl

NSutherl Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what it would take to restore the data on the SD Card after a format /sd-ext, but it's probably beyond most of our abilities (well, mine at least ). :)