1. Androidforums is going down shortly (7:00pm Central) for a few minutes of maintenance. We apologize for any inconveniences - will not take long!

Impact or not?

Last Updated:

1. Mellania

Mellania New Member

Does a good review about your apps on website like this have an impact on your results?

Just want to have some feedback or best practices please.

Thank you
    Mel www.secondgeargames.com

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

A demo / lite version of the app has the best impact on me. If I can see if the app is useful to me and will be more useful if I buy the full version, then I'm more likely to actually get it.

Reviews, IMO, are just like movie reviews. They're nice to read, but I don't put too much stock into them.
    Mellania likes this.
  3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

To the OP: I edited your links.

Both of the links to the review sites you posted were pointing to a specific app. Seeing as your question refers to the sites' influence rather than the app, your question still stands unadulterated, no?

BTW, if you want to plug your own app, put a link to it in your sig. See forums rules (in my sig).

Mellania and El Presidente like this.
  4. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

I agree with trying it for free first...theres a good chance you and the reviwer do not have the same tastes and likes
  5. Mellania

Mellania New Member

Thank you for the tip. I am sincerely sorry. My question was related to get some best practices from other developers to promote effectively without paying an arm and a leg ;).