Impatient waiting for phone/Newbie says Hi!General

Last Updated:

1. reprogle

reprogle Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, DInc forum,

I just wanted to share with you all my agony at waiting for my Incredible to arrive. I have no access to internet after work, and get bored out of my mind frequently, with only textbooks to entertain me. Reading these forums, and it makes me want the DInc more! Anyone else in the same boat?

Ordered 5/11, told 5/14 it should ship that day or the next. Called today (5/17) and was told it's guaranteed by 5/29 and they can't tell me anything else. :(

Advertisement
  2. macdaddybuff

macdaddybuff Well-Known Member

wish I could but Hi newb.. if you have any ?'s fire away.

3. nyngbld

nyngbld Well-Known Member

Welcome!!!!!! i trolled these forums for almost two months reading about the Inc, before i joined. There is a plethora of information here, lots of helpful tips and tricks. this is my first smartphone, so there is a bit of a learning curve; but no better place to start than the incredible running android! There is so much to learn and try; the incredible is WORTH EVERY PENNY AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!! :)

4. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Your are going to love the incredible it is a great phone good luck!

5. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

Welcome, I hope you get your Incredible soon!

6. reprogle

Thanks guys!
    I'm sure I'll have tons of questions after I get to play with it some. I am really particular about how I want the homescreens set up, and the customizability of the phone is a huge attractant! The first thing I do will be to get whatever apps I need to resize and relocate that artless default clock! Haven't read anything about being able to shrink the icon sizes though... I'd like to change the bootup video too (although it seems so much of it is preset already it may not be worth the bother). We'll see!

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

If i were you i'd forget about the forums for awhile after you get the phone. The reason i say this is because the problems people post about their handset may not apply to yours and people tend to freak out when they first get a new device. If you don't know what people are complaining about then you won't worry about it needlessly. (can you say pink hue on gmail, short battery life in the first week, low signal bars in the noficiation tray, etc) But know that when you do have a question about the device that we are here for you and your questions will be answered quickly. Also spend some time in the tips & tricks area, you'll get alot of good info there you might not have known about otherwise. Good luck with your adventure, i know you'll love the phone if you give it a chance ;)

Even if you don't decide to take my advice by skipping the forum for a week or so until after you get it, just don't take any of the issues others are having too seriously. Many are just problems/issues people just blow out of proportion.

8. k408

k408 Active Member

I ordered mine on the 12th and god knows when I will be able to get it ......i already got my screen protector and case delivered -_-

9. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

I hate to say this, but I talked to my "special" friend at Tech Support whom told me those back-orders are more likely to be filled the first week of June.

10. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

So you will be waiting for Root along with the rest of us phone geeks. Cool!!! :cool:

11. reprogle

Hey cool - we're supposed to get a 2GB SD card with the phone right? On verizon's website it says it's a 'limited introductory offer'... That applies to in-store purchases too, no? Just one more thing to look forward to and be impatient about.

Still no phone :mad: