Imperfection in my screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I picked up my Desire last Wednesday and have just detected what looks like an imperfection in my screen. Because the spec on the box didn't mention AMOLED I assume I have an SLCD screen.

It took me a while to notice because it's in the bottom left hand corner and is usually covered by the Sense UI "buttons". It wasn't until I had a white screen down there that I saw what I first assumed to be a spec of dust but one that I couldn't remove or even feel. It actually looks like a small bubble in the glass rather than some dust stuck behind the screen.

Is this something I should be worried about? I'm still in the 14 day cooling off period, so should I consider getting the phone exchanged, do you think? (I paid

Advertisement
  2. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

If you can exchange it with no hassle, do it.

3. Pedro7

Pedro7 Well-Known Member

wouldn't even give it second thought, take it back for an exchange.. you have nothing to lose if you're in the 14day period, tell them you're not happy with it and want one without imperfections. you wont be disappointed with the phone..

4. westbros

I'm certainly not disappointed with the phone. I love it! :D I think I will try to exchange it, but I just hope I don't get hassle with reinstalling some apps that I've paid for.

I've got a couple of videos that I took today on the phone. Would they be stored on the SD card? If so, I guess I can just retain that and put it into the new phone???

5. DanC

DanC Active Member

All your paid apps are tied to your Google account, so providing you're using the same account they'll be free to re-install forever on any Android phone you ever use.

And yes, all photo's and videos are on your SD card. Put them onto PC as they might expect the SD card back when you replace the phone.

6. Zaichik

Zaichik Well-Known Member

7. westbros

Thanks for the replies. I was able to exchange the phone without a fuss and was able to keep my existing battery and SD card, so no hassles with charging a new battery and transferring videos to my PC.

Absolutely loving this phone! :D