• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Import Facebook Contacts to Google Contacts

hybernate

Lurker
May 20, 2010
Hi there,

Is there a way to import the facebook contacts stored on my HTC Desire handset to google by utilising the auto-sync feature?

I have synced my phone with facebook and now want to transfer the email addresses and birthdays of my facebook friends to google contacts.

I understand from reading posts on other forums that there are a few ways to do this, such as manually importing and exporting csv files (Sync/merge Facebook contacts with Gmail contacts - Gmail Help) or by way of a script (Import your Facebook Phonebook into your Google Contacts using Greasemonkey on Firefox), but this will require a manual update whenever I have a new facebook contact.

Seeing that my phone could auto-sync with both FB and Google, is there a way to automatically transfer new FB contacts to google whenever I hit the "Sync" button on my phone?

cheers
Martin

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones