1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Import GPX or KML with Text To Speech

Last Updated:

1. Argon

Argon New Member This Topic's Starter

Dear,

I'm cycling with friends of me (organized rides). but I still want to cycle those roads again. I record the track everytime with Cardiotrainer and I can export those workouts to an GPX or KML file.

Is there a program were I can import the GPX or KML file and that program exports audio as "within 100 meters go left". A sort of GPS navigation but with audio export and the possibility to imort an GPX and/or KML file. It is necessary that the program can say it in audio and not only text because my Nexus One will be in my backpack.

For better understanding:
    I am looking for a navigation app for Nexus One which can import gpx or KML file
    and then use the app and gps in the Nexus One for doing the same route on my bike but with an audio voice who says where I have to go.

Advertisement
  2. Argon

No one? :)

3. grip82

grip82 New Member

I would be very interested too in such an application, even it is paying. No one has an idea?

It is so strange that there are a zillion apps to export your gps tracks, but none seems to exist that can import it back again. Like android users are only interested in their own tracks, not in someone elses...

4. TrueTenacity

TrueTenacity New Member

your best bet for a solution there would be to take your kml / gpx data and then convert it into a format that is compatible with one of the gps applications that run on android...

There are free services on the web that can convert your gps data... and i believe that google earth can convert too... well... import one format and export another...

5. munrubenmuz

munrubenmuz New Member

I am also very interested in an app that would allow the importing of other fellow bikers trails into my tattoo phone so that you can follow their previous routes.

Does anyone know of an app that will allow this? It seems odd that there are hundreds of GPS apps but none that will allow you to import someone elses gpx file. (Unless I am looking in the wrong places.)

I also would be happy to pay.

Many thanks in advance.

6. Argon

Still no one who knows such a program with Text To Speech function? :confused: