• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Import GPX then do turn by turn navigation.

Hello,

I plan cycle journeys on a website. They routes usually use fragmented cycle paths and LOTS of turns, way too many to remember, but the website lets me download the route as a GPX file. So...

I'm looking for an app that will import GPX files and then do turn by turn navigation on the route.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul :)

Hello,

I plan cycle journeys on a website. They routes usually use fragmented cycle paths and LOTS of turns, way too many to remember, but the website lets me download the route as a GPX file. So...

I'm looking for an app that will import GPX files and then do turn by turn navigation on the route.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul :)

Not a turn by turn navigation, but controlled routing ... if this would be good enough for you, you should have a look at ViewRanger.
I use this app with topo maps for hiking.

Harry

Upvote 0
I need to do the same thing but for motorcycle touring. I'd like to have turn-by-turn nav through my phone's headphones.

I found mention of OSMAnd on another forum and have installed it on my Motorola Razr. I imported a .gpx file that I'd built in MS Mappoint. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks as though it might work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones