Import root CA to browser

1. ENOTTY

ENOTTY New Member

Hi, I have to add a root certificate from my school to my browser in order to access certain ssl enabled school sites. I think I imported it correctly since when I downloaded the cert, the android built in cert manager installed it.

But dolphin browser doesn't seem to be recognizing it. I've exited and restarted, even restarted my phone.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Does it work with the regular browser?
  3. ENOTTY

ENOTTY New Member

I can't seem to try it in the regular browser. I click on the link but it pops open a new window in Dolphin, probably because the default browser is Dolphin.

How do I set the default browser? I tried the Settings -> Reset to default option and it did not work.
  4. alostpacket

go into the dolphin settings and make sure set as default is unchecked and then go back into the regular phone settings > manage applications > dolphin > clear defaults

Also might try clear defaults under manage applications > browser
  5. ENOTTY

ENOTTY New Member

Seems like the certificate is trusted by the main Android Browser. I guess I should direct my queries at Dolphin developers.
  6. alostpacket

sorry to hear that, at least you have a way of connecting to your sites now. You could also try xscope browser which has pinch and zoom.

At this point in ditching dolphin for browsing but keeping it for bookmark syncing (kinda) and seeing how well xscope and the default work again.