Important Announcement

1. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member

As promised, The StormDroid Team is ready to make an important announcement regarding the future of development. It has been decided amongst the team that development for the LG Ally will cease, due to a lack of activated testers. We will, however, begin development on StormDroid for another currently unnamed device. Look forward to another announcement in the near future in regards of the new device.

The Team would like to apologize for the current Ally user base, but we have decided that we cannot release potentially unstable ROMs to the public without proper testing. We also thank all past testers and helpers, as well as the Ally community for encouraging the development of StormDroid.

As a gift of thanks for all the help, we will be releasing StormDroid 2.0 in the coming days. We will continue to support 2.0 for as long as we can, but there will be no more releases.

Advertisement
    yohobojo likes this.
  2. cr5315

cr5315 Well-Known Member

It was a blast developing for the Ally but mot people's two years are up or almost up so there is a lack of testers like Michael mentioned. It's hard to make a ROM when none of the developers have the target device as their active device. I have an EVO 4G, J2 and remicks have Samsung Fascinates, imnotmikal has a Droid 3.

Anywho, thanks for the good memories and good times Ally peeps.
    yohobojo likes this.
  3. rcozzi

rcozzi Well-Known Member

It's been good, stick a fork in it.
    yohobojo and b0bness like this.
  4. yohobojo

yohobojo Well-Known Member

Loved your roms. Hopefully, your next devices will have longer better development?
  5. Idunno

Idunno Well-Known Member

Droid X please. :)
  6. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

I tell ya this the Bionic Community sure could use yall!! :D
  7. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

What ever happened to the Nookcolor StormDroid?
  8. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Considering going back to stock rooted now that titanium backup now supports moving Dalvik cache to ROM. The only thing keeping me on Velocity 2.1 and not upgrading yet is free tethering. Hope whatever you have in mind for the future of stormdroid will take a tethering feature into consideration.
  9. abezzilla99

abezzilla99 Well-Known Member

when stormdroid 2.0 coming out
  10. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member

Our NookColor-holding member has been away, and the project has been suspended until further notice.

StormDroid includes the same Wireless and Wired tether apps as Velocity. At least, it should have, and if it doesn't, I'm not sure why....

Well, since you asked, never. Don't ask for release dates. ;)