*important droid question*General

Last Updated:

1. IncrediblyCool

IncrediblyCool Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have an env touch and i want a droid inc. i have 2 yr. contract on a family plan with 2 other people. im 5 months into my plan and want to change it. can i cancel my contract for the ETF fee and not cancel the whole family plan, my sister and nana's contracts still be active? then can i buy the inc. and add my line back with a new contract? i want to get the inc now but it is not available, if they have 1 at best buy can i get one there and just pay 200 or do i have to cancel my contract and add the line back if thats possible? can i do this at best buy(cancelling contract). thanks for your help

Advertisement
  2. GreatGoo

GreatGoo Well-Known Member

Its going to be expensive.

I would call 800-2-Join-In to talk over all your options.

3. jmorisey

jmorisey Well-Known Member

I haven't taken the time to add this up for ya... and this is a post-on-the-fly reply, but by the time you pay the ETF and the the $200 for the new phone... you may just be better off paying MSRP and keeping your number.

Jon

4. IncrediblyCool

say i cancel the contract then what can i start a new contract and verizon would ship the phone when available and activate when arrived then call me?

5. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

You could theoretically change the primary line and then cancel your line (assuming you are the primary). I'm not certain that you would get hit with the ETF that way.

As far as swaping your EnV Touch for the Inc... If the only reason you are wanting to cancel your line and add a new one is to get the phone for $200, I see your point, but can't imagine VZW doesn't have that loophole covered somewhere.

Like the previous poster said, your best bet is to call VZW, but I have a feeling your going to end up adding the data package to your existing line (be it primary or not), and begging for a one-time early upgrade. I don't know if that's something VZW can set up to work at Best Buy or not.

IncrediblyCool likes this.
  6. suzlyn

suzlyn Well-Known Member

You can always just add a new line for $9.99 and not use your old line at all. Then just switch the phone numbers if you need or want to keep your current number. That is what my sister did to get the phone.

IncrediblyCool likes this.
  7. IncrediblyCool

i m on a family plan with 2 other ppl can i add another line onto the 3 others and then cancel the other line i previously had to get the DINC
    I would pay 30 activation or something like that, the 150 ETF on other line that was previously used, the 200 for the DINC is this loophole possibly thx for ur time, srry im just so obsessed with this beast phone and will waste too much of my money to get it, i have been buzzzing aroung da forums for too long and i have to GET THIS PHONE

thank u for listening and providing ur insite

8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

9. IncrediblyCool

10. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

If you have an old style 100 dollar NE2 credit and use it to move the phone to another line you will lose the grandfathered in credit and it will be reduced to the newer NE2 @ 50 bucks instead of 100.

11. IncrediblyCool

i dont have it can i od what i proposed

12. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

No problem. I was just wondering since the posts sounded very similar. :)

13. IncrediblyCool

do u think i could do everything in this post

14. IncrediblyCool

bump and could somebody confirm that all of this is possible

15. genxgeek

genxgeek Well-Known Member

2 things -
    1 - all you need to do is ask a Verizon employee (sounds feasible though)
    2 - you probably have at least a couple week long wait before you can get the phone. You may already know this but you seem really excited and I felt the need to make sure you know.

16. IncrediblyCool

fanks i appreciate ur speed in replying i will call them 2moro and hopefully they will say yes or their will be some pimpslappin' over the phone lol

17. uber_mike

uber_mike Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will have no problem with you opening a new line of service to get the Incredible, but that line will have a different phone number. Like you said, you will have to pay the ETF when you cancel your old line.

Something to consider though is how I got mine before my upgrade date. If you have had the same "regular" phone with Verizon (ex. Env2/3, Dare, Voyager. ect.) for at least 6 months, you can upgrade to a smart phone before your contract expiration date.

I don't know if its just something for my market, but if you have had a regular phone for at least 6 months, I'd ask about it.

18. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

Yes, you can do what you are wanting to do.. You will have to get a new phone number but it can be done. I'd just activate the new line with the Inc and then have the old line disconnected. No big deal.

19. Brian_83

Only for certain markets. I know it's not offered in my market which is the Midwest.

20. uber_mike

uber_mike Well-Known Member

How do I know what market I'm in? I think I would be in the midwest also since I live in Ohio.

21. Brian_83

There are actually different markets within regions. I know Ohio/PA is a market but not sure if they are in the Midwest region or North East region.