• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IMPORTANT: HUGE update to AndroidForums.com

When viewing the LG Volt forum from the Forums app, you should see the threads here: http://androidforums.com/devices/lg-volt.2766/

I am not sure how you are seeing 2-year-old threads since it should receive threads and posts sorted by most recent. I have a few FC's reported, please allow us to get those all fixed but please feel free to elaborate on how and when it FC's in case it is something that I am not currently aware of.
Thanks!
I know I should be seeing the threads at that link but I don't actually see them.
It force closed when I was scrolling down the forums list.

Upvote 0
Is there any plan to allow us to customise the font size?

My eyesight isn't the best, but the text comes out really small on my device - much smaller than is comfortable when reading long form text, like forum posts. I think it doesn't help that you've got a grey text on a white background, and quite a thin font. I tried it in the dark theme, but that's grey on black, so not much different.

I just pushed an update to the Play Store which I think will fix issues with new device detection. Few other bug fixes as well if you are experiencing some FC's. More stuff coming soon but want to get that out sooner than later. Thanks for everyone's feedback so far!

Fixed it for me, and no crashes so far.

Upvote 0
Attached is a new build that should fix all the *cough* old KitKat OS :) Also I believe the crash from others was caused by older data not cleared... which I take care of that for you on this upgrade. Will probably push this build live soon unless I hear back that it ends the world for someone like @Phases on his Friday night.

Attachments

• Forums_1.5.1.6.1.apk
    4.9 MB · Views: 179
Upvote 0
Steve thanks for the KK love. ;)
Making progress with this update but still having issues. I can open the app, log in and see content without it FC'ing now. However when I select "My Stuff" it FC's and after that it will constantly FC until I clear data and start all over. Also, according to the Play Store screenshots the column headers should be Timeline, Channels, and My Stuff. I'm seeing Forums, Timeline, My Stuff, and what's under Forums is exactly the same as what was under Channels in the Channels app. If I select any topic under the Forums header it FC's although I can restart the app after that without clearing data.
The content I was able to see looked the same as what I was getting under Channels, no access to any other forums including what I'm subscribed to through AF as far as I can tell. If that's right, it's isn't good. Hope this is all temporary and transitional.
Again thanks for your ongoing efforts, I think we're getting there-

Upvote 0
I don't know how large @stevealbright's punchlist is, but the Google Opinion Rewards app no longer uses this icon.
com.google.android.apps.paidtasks_thumb.jpg

It's been replaced with
IZWJNgJjVHD0ekADSo1Q43LbucxOALHxGk6kogKtrCFJl_oWwzjQFSf7ZJYJoKBDtDY=w300-rw

I assume you have a library of images for the apps.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones