Important question about video chat

Last Updated:

1. JerzyIroc

JerzyIroc Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I have a very important question that I'm really hoping I can get help with. There is an internet broadcasting webstite, Shovio.com . The interface is set up where you have the host that you watch live, and next to that screen is a live chat where people can give their two cents or ask direct questions about whatever the host is talking about. The best part is the ability to "shov" in. If you have a webcam you can "video in" with the host and have a live, two way video chat with the host and people can see it on their screen. It's pretty cool. Now I help with one of the hosts and I recently discovered by mistake (thanks to good ol flash) that I can actually watch the broadcast and even chat in with my 2.1 sprint Hero!! I grabbed a friends Evo in hopes that I could video in using the front facing camera however it wouldn't recognize any of the phones camera's when I got to the part of choosing a camera. Here are my two questions, one, is there a chance that maybe I missed someone and there is a way? Would someone be willing to give it a try? My second question is if it's not possible, would it be possible to do that with 2.2? The creators of the site are currently making an app for android, iphone and other os's but he was really shocked to find out that you can at least watch it with android 2.1 (he actually posted a pic i took of the evo showing it). He emailed me today to see if it's possible to video in with either 2.1 or 2.2. He's hopeful that you can because it would speed up the process of making an app for Android. I would love to see the Android app made before the iPhone because there are a lot of viewers that have been very vocal about wanting the ability to watch shovio on their phone.

Advertisement