Importing Bookmarks from Computer to EvoTips

Last Updated:

1. sunil28

sunil28 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have lot of bookmarks on my computer and would like them all on the Browser on my phone, any browser (Default, Dolphin, Opera, etc. anything) is fine. Is there a way to import them automatically somehow from computer to the mobile browsers, other than just manually typing everyone.

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Using the Dolphin browser you can get the "bookmarks to sd" add-on. Them export them from your computer into an html file and drop that file into the folder the add-on will create on your sd card. Then import them back into the dolphin browser from that folder.

I'm just finding all that via google so I can't offer any more help than that...

3. geekaren

geekaren Well-Known Member

I've used an app called MyBookmarks to transfer my laptop bookmarks over to my EVO. Works well.

4. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member

I use Dolphins 'Bookmarks to SD' and I also use Opera Mini to transfer Opera browsers. I actually downloaded Opera on to my laptop just so it would be easier to add my bookmarks back in to Opera mini after a flash and ended up finding out that I REALLY like using Opera on my laptop, on it right now actually...

5. Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago Well-Known Member

Since my primary browser on the desktop is Firefox and I use Xmarks (formerly Foxmarks) to keep all my PC's in sync, I have a bookmark on my Evo that takes me to Xmarks - and from there I can launch all of my bookmarks with the added benefit of them all being kept in sync (vs having to download/delete new/changed bookmarks all the time).

It's far from perfect but it will do until Xmarks (or somebody else) releases an Android extension.