Importing Data from Palm TreoSupport

Last Updated:

1. tripplec

tripplec Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've use Palm since the Palm Pilot 1000 a 128k PDA & various other since. My data is current in both Palm Desktop (5 Star PIM) and Treo 650.

I am interesting in importing Contacts and Memo's into the Android 2.1 phone (HTC Desire) and the info spread among a dozen or so groups.

I don't want to use the Cloud or Googles cloud tools. I hate Outlook as a PIM and don't believe it will handle the groups anyway. But more importantly I don't want my data in Outlook nor do I want its info or mail in my Android phone.

With Palm as a PDA and Smartphone originator in this field I would have expected much better support to import data. BB Curves Desktop does it seamlessly since I tested that 2 years ago. Android phones don't even have a default memo app. Is someone asleep at the switch their?

After reading many forums and thread this one seems the best for info although the ultimate solution appear evasive to most here I've registered to engage in this and other Android topics.

I'll keep reading and looking for viable apps and solutions worthy of downloading.

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Depending what formats the Palm Desktop can export, there may be a chance.
    MyPhoneExplorer is a new sync app for Android. On your PC you have MyPhoneExplorer installed, too.
    MyPhoneExplorer on PC maybe can import this export from Palm Desktop.

Or Palm Desktop export to Excel, MyPhoneExplorer import from Excel.

Just an idea :)

Harry

3. tripplec

tripplec Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seem like an option if I sync with the Cloud. I don't like the idea of all my info being elsewhere. CSV is the common format for contacts and memo's in Palm desktop should I want to do the export option. Its not seemless though and would require using Outlook but that is not a PIM.

Thanks

4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

MyPhoneExplorer isn't sync with the Cloud.
    The connection between Desire und the PC is per USB cable or over your WiFi home net.

Harry