Impossible to reply to one particular contact?Support

Last Updated:

1. deanparkr

deanparkr Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

Ive got a really annoying bug with a contact on my phone using the default SMS app. I can text him no problem, but if he sends me a message and I try and reply I get a text from my carrier T-Mobile UK saying the number I am sending to is incorrect because it is missing the +.

For example say the contacts number is +4412345678 it is stored in my phonebook as "+4412345678". But when I reply the SMS client sends it to "4412345678" which is not correct as it is missing the +

If I change the contacts number to 0712345678 when I reply it still fails as it tries to send the text to 712345678.

Its totally random and confusing it also missed out the first number or +. I have tried deleting the contact all together but even then when repying it always forgets to put the "+". Its only the default SMS client which does this and it only happens with one contact. If I use Handcent it works ok but I would prefer to use the default client if possible.

Has anyone heard of this behaviour before?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

1. Does this happen to all contacts?
    2. Make sure you do not have any apps that would do any fiddling with your contacts (calling card apps especially).
    3. Try Handcent or Chomp SMS and se if these fail too.