• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Impossible to use mic when bluetooth connected? Shazam/Soundhound don't work when bluetooth connect

Johnny Cakes

Android Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2009
It appears that the mic is disconnected when Bluetooth is connected. This means that apps like Soundhound and Shazam which need the mic can not function when Bluetooth is connected.

When do you need Soundhound/Shazam most? Driving in the car, listening to tunes. But since the Epic is connected to the car BT, those apps don't work. Is there some way around this without disconnecting BT?

My experience is that the mic works UNTIL a call is placed using a Bluetooth handsfree kit. I've specifically tested by using Shazam or doing a voice search before making a call, which works, and then trying after making a call, and it no longer works.

I too hope this is resolved, because the only way to restore the mic function in my experience is to reboot the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones