Impressed with Sprint navigation app

Last Updated:

1. Jedis

Jedis Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've been wanting to get a dedicated GPS unit for a couple years now, but could never justify the cost over other things.

In comes Sprint navigation. Wow, this thing is just as good as my friend's Garmin! Except it's built into the phone which means one less device to carry around. GPS lock is near instantaneous and directions have been spot on!

I'm thoroughly pleased I didn't waste the money on a dedicated unit.

Advertisement
  2. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

I use the nav for quite a bit, I used to be a driver and I'm pretty good at navigating even the most congested areas but Sprint Nav could get me anywhere I wanted to be...it saved me quite a few times.

3. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

I've been very impressed with it, as well. I've run it side-by-side with my Garmin Nuvi and its just as fast while running. Takes a good bit longer to recalculate if you take a wrong turn, but otherwise the maps are up to date and accurate. And I love that I don't need to pay another $10/month for it.

4. Will22

Will22 Active Member

Agree, I've been using it since blackberry curve 8330 :)
    On blackberry it was dropping the signal fairly often, but on hero it works like a charm

5. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

+1

6. jhale83

jhale83 Well-Known Member

I've really been loving it too but lately I've noticed it drops the GPS signal occasionally. Last weekend it dropped the GPS signal twice within a 60 minute drive on me. Anyone else having issues like this?

7. Maipuwebo

Maipuwebo Member

I've used it side by side on my Hero, Instinct and the TomTom Nav systems and it has always been painfully slow compared to a dedicated GPS unit. I did random tests with this for a year and never got good results from sprint nav. Not to mention that when you choose to exit it using the Exit menu option, it doesn't actually close and goes to the main menu, then you have to choose Exit again.