Impressive battery life after juicedefender installTips

Last Updated: 2012-01-29 10:36:13
  1. uktivo

uktivo Well-Known Member

I recently installed juice defender and have had a marked increase in battery life..take a look at the attached screen shot. it was light use..but even so, pretty impressive..

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    war7 and TSXKid like this.
  2. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

yeah, 2 days is impressive no matter wat use.. my phone would die in a day just idling, i feel. lol. are u rooted?
    war7 likes this.
  3. shivram100

shivram100 Well-Known Member

I too have installed the free version and is in 'agressive mode' settings. With light and moderate use, I can hardly stretch it to 20 hrs....without 3G, No wifi, No BT...
    mobb4 likes this.
  4. Twinn

Twinn Well-Known Member

this app is awesome :) and its deffo worth buying Ultimate ver! loads of things to configure!
  5. loony

loony Well-Known Member

also looks like you havnt really used it much? i can get two days with just general calls and not much else.....play a game for a while and it dies before the day.
  6. icedtea

icedtea Well-Known Member

what type of profile would be the safest? :)
  7. uktivo

uktivo Well-Known Member

Yep, you are all right. I'm on holiday right now so not using the phone that much.. even so.. 2 days in anyone's eyes is very good.

Yes my phone is rooted..
  8. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

I have been a huge JD fan since it was released.
    I had issues with data turning back on when the screen was awakened.
    Do you have this issue?

Basically I would unlock the phone, hop in to do an SMS, use the voice search to dictate and it wouldn't connect because the data didn't turn on yet (for example).

Any thoughts on this? I may need to use this on the S2 when it comes to VZW if it has 4G.
  9. arrow201

arrow201 Well-Known Member

Yes, i wonder how much it interferes with the internal workings. Anyone noticed
    if it slows down the phone? What if the next firmware release fixes the battery problem,
    can this be uninstalled with no ill effects ? Thanks
  10. planetf1

planetf1 Active Member

11. uktivo

uktivo Well-Known Member

Yes, I do suffer with this.. Not found an easy way out of it except for disable and re-enable..

It doesn't happen every time, so far it's not a massive issue but yes, it would be better if it was correct
  12. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

13h10m into the battery I have 76% left. I've just sendt a few SMS and 1 call today but I've read an ebook for a couple of hours. With my light use consisting af a few SMS, a few short calls and 2-3h ebook reading I guess I can squeeze a couple of full days out of the phone. But as soon as I start playing Angry birds it kills the battery quickley. I don't use JD but I close open apps using an included app that I can't remeber the name of right now but it allows you to see space usage, close apps and empty RAM.
  13. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

To uninstall, make sure you have data ON. Then uninstall or you could get stuck.

You don't need to use the data on/off function on JD, you can just set your sync to ping every 15 minutes. Different than the data/3g turning on and off.

The multiplier widget is pretty accurate too.
  14. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

53h since charging and still 68% juice left with light use . :)
  15. Moredice

Moredice New Member

Impressive!

I never had JuiceDefender on my own phone, but after some tweaking with settings and knowingly avoiding 3G/WiFi usage and lengthy calls (basically some few 1-4 min calls and some 50-70 SMS'es), I managed to run my S2 for 79hr 56m once with 28% left on battery (I used it on WiFi quite a bit after this, since I did this to see just how long the battery could last with light usage). Again, this was done completely without JD.

Am gonna try JD once I get my phone back from check-up. But I do not think you -really- need it, if you just sit down and do some tweaking with settings. Reducing screen brightness manually to lowest setting is one of the things that drastically increased the battery life for me. Made it hard to see the screen well in outdoor sunlight, but still...
  16. icedude297

icedude297 Member

Hmm, I have let my phone run idle for 4 hours and only 2 % drop. What i did was turn off wi-fi, data packets, GPS, blue tooth, changed my background to black, and turned of syncing. Hehe, I know, what's the point eh? But at least the phone will last over a day and i will still be able to receive phone calls. If I need to surf the net I just turn on wifi or 3g connectivity.
  17. OROCHIJIN76

OROCHIJIN76 Member

Dear All with JuiceDefender

Appreciate if you could test the following eg

1) Using Wifi, try surfing the net every 5mins eg Refresh would be fine.
    I can't get more than 4.5hours (without JD) from 100% battery charged

2) Watching 200 minutes of movie.

If you are able to do more than the above, pls let me know, then I will install it.

Regards
  18. Twinn

Twinn Well-Known Member

i didn`t check 1st option but watching movies... nearly 8h of constant movie watching until battery was dead (with JD Ultimate + stock battery)
    OROCHIJIN76 likes this.
  19. Hodsgod

Hodsgod Member

Isn't it ridiculous the way everyone is talking about the battery life, it is clearly an issue, and personally I would have preferred a thicker phone (larger battery) and a battery life which is at least close to the standard of the phone that we own.

No point in designing a Rolls Royce of a telephone, and putting the engine of a mini inside it.
    Joe563 likes this.
  20. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member

I have this app and i am a bit confused about it
    On the ABOUT bit on the screen it says that JuiceDefender has increased your battery life by x1.17 - is that good? Is that was everyone else is seeing?
    Lee
  21. loony

loony Well-Known Member

this phone is more faster and powerful than my home pc. and its in my pocket. i dont see it as an issue, i expect that if i use it lots with what it CAN do, it will drain my power.
    Such a vivid and large screen running from a dual core WILL suck the juice, you cant expect "high powered drag car to run a endurance race on 1 tank of fuel" can you?
    there are lot of other phones out there that will last longer but do they have a 4.3 super amoled screen? a dual core processer? 8mp camera with highdef playback?.no.

i use this as a normal phone and get 4 days out of it. i use it to its full extent and average 1 day. i expect that, im happy with that because i knew that BEFORE i got it. find a smart phone that lasts more than a week with FULL abilities running and the same specs and get back to me.

most just want to get the most life they can get with any help appreciated. Some are faulty yes, but i dont see a problem, just keen consumers who are use to over a weeks life with older slower phones.
  22. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

I have the full version I love it prob could still tweek it a bit better I get on average 1.55

If i just leave it idle no wife then wow but even with heavy -ish use it lasts a full day which I am happy about as I charge it while off at night
  23. Joe563

Joe563 New Member

I get where your coming from completely! I got my SGS2 three days ago and everyday Ive had to charge it, would hardly last even a day! I suppose that was because I was using a lot of features, but whats the point if I cant even use the features on the phone for fear of draining the battery!

Samsung definately should have put in a bigger battery, maybe twice the capacity!

Is there a larger/bigger battery that would offer more Juice for my SGS2 and its compatible with it?
  24. loony

loony Well-Known Member

yes there is. and there are some threads on performance too.
    ebay will show you as well as google.
  25. DeAtomizer

DeAtomizer Member

what phone do you have. Im using juicedefender on my Galaxy 2S and i get a days worth of normal use and thats it