Improved battery, for just one day......General

Last Updated:

1. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This was really weird.

A couple of days ago, the battery went from 8:00am right through to 5:00am (i.e. 21 hours) with around 2 hours of phone calls, about half with bluetooth, probably 50 texts and maybe 15 minutes of Wifi.

After all of that, it still had 50% left according to the battery widget I have. Unbelievable! I had changed nothing from the previous day, in terms of settings, applications etc.

The next day, it was back to it's usual 15 hours before getting down to about 10%.

I have absolutely no idea why it decided to give me a decent day!!! :confused:

Advertisement
  2. sleepless

sleepless Well-Known Member

That's nice, did you happen to restart your phone.

3. palace35mm

palace35mm Member

I used to face the same problem earlier.
    then i discharged the battery completely and installed a software called Task Killer and wow my battery last for 2 days.
    Once you install TASK KILLER restart your phone and close the apps that you wont use and then you will see a lot of improvement in battery life.
    its been 5 hours since i unplugged my phone from the mains and its at 94% battery.

4. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

I'm on day 2, 3 hours in at 55% it was going from 7.30am till 2ish am yesterday.

You might have heard all this before but I...

>Did the discharge about 4 or 5 times
    >Use quick settings to turn off wifi and APN (don't worry you get a notification if you get picture messages you can just turn on APN and get it)
    >Turn down the screen brightness (also using quick settings)
    >Don't use juice defender!
    >I don't have the timescape widget on any of my home screens or use it at all (I find it annoying getting mundane facebook alerts from everyone in my friend list! and I don't do twitter)
    >I use task killer but I read a link somewhere on here saying its not that effective as processes restart anyway and Android automatically shuts things down when they're finished doing there thing.

5. Dem

Nice, but a "one day offer" only! :rolleyes:

Nope, that's the strange thing about it; no idea why for one day it worked great, then was crap again the next day! :(

6. Dem

I use "Advanced Taskiller" which is a different piece of software. However, I assume it does the same thing.

Might try the "Task Killer" instead and see if it works better than the "Advanced Task Killer" I have.

Cheers,

7. Dem

Thanks for that. Yes, pretty much heard abuot those things. I think turning off APN will help a lot (as have done it out here in Austria and that certainly keeps the battery in better shape). However, makes the X10 a pointless device if you switch APN off, in my opinion. Juice Defender is a good idea, but it didn