Improved Battery Life

Last Updated:

1. reinert012

reinert012 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got my replacement phone coming on Thursday, cannot wait to root. Im going to load up Ivans ROM as it seems to be the most functional and a great starter ROM.

But with all this overclocking and such, how does rooting improve battery life like i have seen in many other posts?

Advertisement
  2. fritzel67

fritzel67 Well-Known Member

Rooting improves battery life? WTH?? That's a new one to me. There are many benefits to rooting, but I really doubt battery life is one of them.

That's like logging into a laptop as an administrator and saying your battery lasts longer! :)

3. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

All depends on what settings you use. I am OC'd at 806/528 and get great battery life. Actually better battery life than before. Now I do have it set to 480/248(cant rem exact number right now as phone is on charger and im lazy)

Also depends on what other settings you have messed with. Like whats stickied in the main Eris forum.

4. magicelf

magicelf Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have mine OCed to 767 when it's running, but 480/240 when it's sleeping. When I'm not really using the phone much, the charge will stay at 99% for hours.

5. BlazeD OnE

BlazeD OnE Banned

i"m on stock 1.5 and mine will stay on 99% for around 30 -45 mins.

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

one thing i definetly noticed is GREATLY improved battery life after rooting.

i am running evil eris, OC'd to about 750max and 528min

7. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

I would recommend setting your sleep profiles 245/245. No reason to have it going 480 while its sleeping, unless you have trouble answering calls.

8. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Hey Caddy... did they make you keep your old battery? Or is that a brand spankin new one your bragging about? :D

9. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

On both the main setting, and also the profiles... do you have it set to performance, or ondemand?

Also, Auto-refresh checked? Set on boot?

10. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i got a refurb so i only got the phone, same old battery, sd card, and battery cover.

11. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

HOnestly...I expected to see a little screw driver and instructions to move my screen over to the refurb phone! :D

12. slatonyam

slatonyam Active Member

I have improved battery life also. I can go a day and a half sometimes two days without charging. This is with making calls and texting (alot). I am running Evil Eris rom with oc at 750 max and I forget what while sleeping. I have my same battery and sd card, only thing that changed was the phone. I should note that with my other phone running 2.1 v3 leak my phone wouldn't last 6 hours and that was with wifi, blue tooth and gps off.