Improved my battery life!

1. audiofx2

audiofx2 Well-Known Member

I removed the People widget. From the main screen, scroll right. Hold down the People widget and remove it.

I was getting 10 hours daily off a full charge. Today I got up to 14. Normally I lose 10% per hour. In the morning, I was losing 5%. I was hoping to double my 10 hours and get to 20 but I did make it to 14.

I was also losing 15-20% in the first hour battery drain. After removing the people widget, I only lost 3%!

Previously, I tried everything. Turned off GPS, formatted SD card, hard reset, changed from GSM to CDMA, charging while the phone was off/on repeatedly.

I have hardware version 003.

Advertisement
    :
  2. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

My eyes are bleeding. :D
  3. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

LOL. You mean you tried removing a widget last???

I don't mean to be cruel but it us Friday night and that is funny.
  4. audiofx2

audiofx2 Well-Known Member

I take my widgets seriously!!!!!
  5. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

But you realize why I am giving you a bit of a hard time (besides for starting the 473rd battery thread)

Widgets, by their very nature, are battery hogs. Trying to get better battery life?? FIRST delete Widgets. ;-)
  6. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

I dont know anything about widgets. What is a widget?
  7. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Had you tried disabling facebook sync?
  8. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member

The contacts thing thing that you're referring to can't possibly have much to do with the battery... I mean all it does it hold your favorites in a scrollable window. It's not as if it's constantly syncing online or anything.
  9. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

How do you do that? Maybe I'm missing something about this phone :confused:
  10. kkwus74

kkwus74 Well-Known Member

or wait for the htc update on monday.........its supposed to fix some issues for battery life:)
  11. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Actually it does, or can do, just that.
  12. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

What is this update you are talking about?
  13. Juanakaslim

Juanakaslim Active Member

There's a ## code that you have to enter (Or just download "NETWORK" from the market) and then you change the Preferred network type from GSM Auto to CDMA Auto PRL. This should help with battery life (it has for me) and signal strength.
  14. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

what exactly is the difference between the two networks? I am not good at this stuff