• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Improving Speed using JIT? Anyone try this?

I'm using JIT right now. I have v2 on my phone. You can find it here and use xRecovery to install:

JIT Enabler v2 | Optimized | ~33k Linpack score | for xRecovery - xda-developers

It really has sped up my phone. I can't really say how it has affected the battery though because I've been using it more than usual so I've been charging it more frequently.

@ark, I too am using ADW.Launcher EX but I haven't been experiencing any force close issues with it. Maybe try reinstalling ADW?

Upvote 0
Of course it's available for 2.1.........did you read either of the linked threads on the XDA forum?

Well - the linked thread tells you to root; and I don't want to do that right now (too many Q's for this thread). So I googled JIT Android, and got this link : JIT performance boost coming with Android 2.2 – Android and Me

If it comes with normal 2.2. I'd rather get it that way that root and custom ROM.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm using the JIT optimised for the x10's family of processors, I think it is 2.2, and it is vastly better. However, as regards battery life, I didn't notice a significant drop, but it was pants anyway. However, what I did was remove the face recognition service and TiemScape and now a full charge will give me around 30-38 hours of moderate use. I also use the phone as an alarm clock so it just gets put into flight mode at night.

Unless you are particularly attached to either of these features, get rid of them and laugh at iPhone users for their paltry battery life ;-)

A

Upvote 0
I have Face Recognition and Timescape frozen with TB. Do I need to remove it completely or does freezing have the same effect?

Thanks

It has the same effect. When I was new to all this with android I initially froze stuff to check it was fine.

If you have no issues and do not need the functions they provide then you can delete them too if you so desire.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones