in a dilema i think

Last Updated:

1. BigBallin

BigBallin Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have the issue where the the four soft keys always glow.(the home key extc always stay lit but can only tell in a dark room) so i was thinking about goin in and swapping my phone for a new one. but, with the new software (the 1.47) is the root the same? i have a mac and now a windows machine so the simple root app wont work for me.
    so should i just keep my phone and deal with the lights? or swap it and try to figure root out some how

Advertisement
  2. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Unrevoked3 has a mac application.

3. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

My Evo #2 suffered from this. This is a defect you need to swap it out. It will drain your battery.

4. rangergrrl

rangergrrl Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with my phone. I decided to keep it as it didn't impact battery life and was kind of nice in the dark. 3 weeks after making that decision the lights went to full bright and washed out the screen. The next day BB called with a replacement...and I took it!

5. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with my release day EVO. I was thinking about swapping it out but figured there was no point. The the glow uses so little battery that you would not be able to notice any increase in life with them off. Think of it as an unintended feature... It helps when searching for the EVO in a dark room.

6. BigBallin

BigBallin Active Member This Topic's Starter

i flashed the frenchtoast kernel and now it doesnt do it anymore.so, now im good LOL