In a good place. Thanks Android Forums!General

Last Updated:

1. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've said it before, I'll say it again, this forum rocks.

I've had my Incredible since mid-July, and life was good: nice, new phone, Android OS, it kicked butt over anything I've ever had. Then I learned about battery issues, app killers, and awaited this thing called Froyo. Froyo was rumored, talked about, and delayed. It finally came and it didn't impress me. In fact, it made my phone sluggish and not itself anymore.

Then I learned about factory resets and AppBrain and how to back up things. Though I think it's unacceptable for a high-end, expensive piece of equipment to get a very hyped upgrade only to ask it's users to do hard factory resets, spend many hours reloading apps and configuring their contacts and other very hands-on things that really should have been a seamless and enjoyable transition to new and exciting goodies, I muddled through it and learned a lot.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who experiment, trial-and-error, and otherwise guinea-pig their phones so I can get my phone just how, no, need, it, I now have a fast phone, with adequate battery life and cool apps like a frickin' bubble level to play with.

Slant

Advertisement
    NightAngel79, Casbah and GrandMasterB like this.
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I just root. and wiwth every rim u install its a fresh factory reset. I love resetting my phone. there are ways to back things up idk why people get so bent outta shape over it. if it clears bugs, yea ill do it. just root and enjoy all its powers :)

3. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

+1^

Agreed.

4. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

+2

and cheers to you my friend. i went through a lot of issues prior to froyo and had the same "this forum rules" post :D

5. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I'm just not getting it, (or too chicken) but with everything else I've learned on this forum, rooting hasn't clicked with me. Somebody here sent me a link to the Forever Root Wiki and I could follow that, but from then, I don't know...

I enjoy messing with my phone (probably spend too much time on it, really) but having to redo everything frequently doesn't appeal to me. That said, if I need to do it anyway because the OTA's aren't smooth, it may be worth looking into.

6. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

there are ways to abck u apps, and oyu can build a sn adb script to install all ur apps auto through the comp. i read about rooting over month everyday before i rooted my eris. well worth it. thinking about making alife career outta this typa stuff.

7. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Yes, this forum has to be the best forum, anywhere. :)

8. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Try reading these forums pooping at work in the handicapped stall. Now, THAT'S a good place.

NightAngel79 and Sharondippity like this.
  9. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

come and give papa a hug?

10. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Dismember VIP Member

I've needed this forum a time or two myself, and love the zealots' posts.

I don't think I've enjoyed a phone more than this one. It's a good turn in technology that we have so many great phones to choose from now.