in call Bluetooth volume issue - Samsung WEP870

Last Updated:

1. FearTheElf

FearTheElf Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a Samsung WEP870 bluetooth headset. I really like the headset and its features, however when I have it paired with my Sprint HTC Hero the volume performance isn't very good. I have to turn the volume all the way up on the phone and the headset, and can still barely hear the person I'm talking to.

Anyone else having this issue with other headsets? I don't have another headset to compare the Samsung to.

Advertisement
  2. HeikoMax

HeikoMax Well-Known Member

I have not had that issue but I did have a problem with my Jabra BT530 battery not lasting for more than 6 hours without much use. In my research, I read that a firmware update on the headset might help. I did not know that one could even update firmware on a BT headset but sure enough, Jabra had an update. It didn't help and I no longer use that headset but I thought I'd suggest the firmware thing. Maybe it will help you. Also, it seems that some phones work better with certain headsets. Your problem could be a matter of incompatibility.

3. redandblack1287

redandblack1287 Well-Known Member

I've tried using several Samsung WEP models with my phone, and I can't even get them to show up. I would imagine that you'll probably just have to wait for bluetooth to stop sucking in 2.1, since Samsung headsets are quite good in my experience.

4. techdruid

techdruid New Member

I have a Motorola Droid, and a Motorola H690 bluetooth headset. With bluetooth in-call volume up 100% I can barely hear the person on the other end. I'm not having any luck finding a solution either.

5. jrosterhout

jrosterhout New Member

I had the same problem with the WEP870 on my Droid X until I finally realized how to push the volume buttons properly on the ear piece. Good luck and I hope you find a solution.