• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root In Call bug in Froyo roms?

Lagos

Jun 12, 2010
I experienced this twice already, and was wondering if anyone noticed the same bug. This happened on both Kaos Froyo and cyanogen tazz.

Here is what happens:
During a call that has been in progress for a while, the phone will sound the call disconnected beep, and go back to the home screen, making it seem like the call was dropped or the other party hung up. Then after a few seconds the call screen resumes as if nothing ever happened and the call is still connected with the other party still on the line.

This has happened twice to me already. :\

froyo automatically reconnects dropped calls. if your in an area with weak reception this will happen. but, if you never had dropped calls before - could be rom related.

Thats good to know, but yeah... I never had a dropped call in my area before. Also its not like the phone redialed and reconnected, its as if the call was there the whole time. Really odd behavior that never happened on 2.1 roms.

Upvote 0
Thats good to know, but yeah... I never had a dropped call in my area before. Also its not like the phone redialed and reconnected, its as if the call was there the whole time. Really odd behavior that never happened on 2.1 roms.

yeah it is weird. i read about it over at xda forums. it happened to me too and i am not in a dropped call area. the call just goes dead, and then it magically re-appears again like it never dropped. i thought i was going crazy.

(i probably am, this phone has taken over my life and my mind)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones