In call clarity?General

Last Updated:

1. Lagos

Lagos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else feel like the eris has poor call quality? Everything sort of sounds muffled and not as clear as it should. I wonder if there is a way that root users can somehow tweak compression or eq settings while in call?

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Mine sounds fine to be honest. The Eris earpiece does have a much more broad frequency response than many phones, especially dumbphones, where its all treble. My Eris actually adds some bass reponse to people's voices. :D Is that what your thinking of? Or maybe you have some setting enabled.

I haven't had any problems understanding anyone except my father, who also has an Eris. But since its only him, I think he's covering the mouthpiece.

3. Lagos

Lagos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mine sounds muffled and distorted. As if the mic input and audio output is too high. Its hard to make out certain words and I often have other people ask me to repeat what I said. This never happened with my previous phones.

I wonder if there is an app that can tweak in call eq and compression the same way that DSP Mixer can tweak multimedia output.