In-call keypad not staying on long enoughSupport

Last Updated:

1. konrad9

konrad9 New Member This Topic's Starter

When I'm in a call and need to use the keypad I pull it away from my face and hit a number and bam... screen is blank again. That is, if I even have enough time to hit a number. Sometimes it will come up and immediately go back away before I even have enough time to hit a single number.

Does anyone know of a way to lock it to a minimum specific time, like A SECOND? This is a very frustrating issue.

Disclaimer: I did several searches for this and did not find a similar issue.

Advertisement
  2. al911er

al911er Active Member

I use Keepscreen its free on the market. You set which programs keep the screen on when you are them. I set Dialer, Browser, Messaging, You tube, to stay on when i am using them.

3. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

When you say the screen is blank again do you mean it goes back to black? You might be triggering the proximity sensor with your hand when you go to hit the number. Try keeping your hand away from the top left part of the screen, that's where the proximity sensor is.

4. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Yea, my guess would also be that you are inadvertently covering the sensor with the way you hold the phone. If you have a screen protector, it might be possible that is causing issues with the sensor as well. I mainly use a bluetooth with mine, so it's not going back n forth like it would from my ear, but I have never had problems with the screen going off when the keypad is expanded.