In-call lockSupport

Last Updated:

1. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't been able to figure it out, how does the lock know when to turn on/off the screen when I'm on a call. I'm not complaining, it works perfectly,i just can't figure it out:D

Advertisement
  2. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

The phone has a proximity sensor.

3. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Call a customer service number that puts you through computers.

Then put the phone in your hand.

Put one hand over the top half of the phone - you'll see the screen go black.

Same thing when your ear/head gets close.

Proximity sensor :)

4. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Yeah I asked about this a while ago. Can be very frustrating cuz when I want the screen on it's off. Esp. frustrating when you need to input numbers and the damn screen doesn't show until you do a silly dance with your phone from ear to the front of you, ear to the front of you. Feel like I'm jerkin off an elephant trunk. Not that I would.... or maybe. This is the only time I ever want to throw my phone through the FN wall!

5. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Man this phone amazes me more and more every day

6. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

Maybe it would help if you knew where the proxinity sensor is located: it's to the left of the Verizon logo (you'll see two - one is light sensor and the other is proximitysensor). It doesn't know the difference between your ear/head and your hand, so if you're having trouble with the screen being off when you don't want it to be, you're most likely covering it with your hand when you pull it away from your head.

Rdjr74 likes this.
  7. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

If the proximity sensor has it off, click the top to awake your phone. Sometimes the prox sensor isnt perfect.

8. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

I think it may be more of an issue as to when I take it away from my ear I need to lay it more flat. Kind of like when I rotate the phone from portrait to landscape.

9. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I was just put onto a free app from the market that solved my problem with this very thing. It is called KeepScreen. Download/Install it then open it and select applications and select Dialer--Dialer, Dialer Storage, and DM Command Service should all turn green. If any of those three don't turn green, select them. That's it. I just installed this myself and have only used it once but it seemed to keep the screen from blanking during a call except when the proximity sensor forces the screen off because it is actually at your face. Give it a try, if worked for me.

10. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member