• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "In call" Volume too low on the Vibrant.

Love the phone, Hate the call volume and quality.

I mostly use the phone with ear buds, not the ones that came with it but a quality pair. Music volume is ok although also lower than my mt3g.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated before i send it back.

still searching, like I said, I made a thread about the low earpiece volume a few days ago, I know there must be a code to reset this to a new threshold maximum, but I cant find it anywhere! I'm not giving up, there must be a way.

Upvote 0
Love the phone, Hate the call volume and quality.

I mostly use the phone with ear buds, not the ones that came with it but a quality pair. Music volume is ok although also lower than my mt3g.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated before i send it back.

Good news! I posted instructions on how to increase the volume. Go to the main threads... search for my post that says secret codes, 3g lock, built date...etc

go into that post...its in my first post, I did an edit and posted the instructions. Enjoy, also do not jump too high, do one increment at a time, 89 seems to be the perfect volume!

edit:
here is the link
http://androidforums.com/samsung-vi...ck-built-day-time-firmware-gps-test-more.html

Upvote 0
Good news! I posted instructions on how to increase the volume. Go to the main threads... search for my post that says secret codes, 3g lock, built date...etc

go into that post...its in my first post, I did an edit and posted the instructions. Enjoy, also do not jump too high, do one increment at a time, 89 seems to be the perfect volume!

any chance you could save some of us some brain cells and edit your post with the link? not everyone that comes here has a degree in geek.

sigh

:thinking:

Upvote 0

edit:
here is the link
http://androidforums.com/samsung-vi...ck-built-day-time-firmware-gps-test-more.html

I bought my vibrant 5 days ago and from Canada and my Max Volume is set 92 by factory.

So it is: 72-76-80-84-88-92

This means you can make it 92 and are not gonna blow the speaker.

Reactions: VegasTouch
Upvote 0
I bought my vibrant 5 days ago and from Canada and my Max Volume is set 92 by factory.

So it is: 72-76-80-84-88-92

This means you can make it 92 and are not gonna blow the speaker.

I used this as a guide for mine. Cool that we can adjust things on this phone. Couldnt do that at all on the iPhone.

So which one would we use to make the external speaker louder? If im seeing the right one, it is set to 96?

Upvote 0
Yep, simply turning on HAC does the trick. Almost too loud. Can't believe I didn't think of that... I'd certainly suggest trying that first before you start entering secret codes. I do appreciate the info and all of the codes but I'm sure I'd fat finger the wrong code in and my phone would instantly vaporize in my hand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones