• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help In-call volume way too low.

Hi all.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 with lollipop, and the ear-piece volume is too low. At night, when is very quiet, I can barely hear the other person talking. This affects Whatsapp calls and Facebook calls, as well. They can hear me just fine (mic is not a problem). I have it cranked up all the way and even with de adapt sound on or off there's no change.

The speaker volume (calls, sounds, notifications, music) sounds great. Also, using the Bluetooth headset or a wired one, in-call volume is fine.

So, I guess I just answered my own question (ear piece hardware problem) but I read a lot of people having the same problem with the S4 after the upgrade (lollipop). I already did a hard reset.

Phone is rooted. Is there a way to increase the ear piece volume exclusively? I adjusted the proximity sensor because of the values too low and disabled the top bar preview notifications (hated it) with ADB.

Perhaps someone knows a trick for this, before I send my phone to replace the ear piece?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones