in-call volumeSupport

Last Updated:

1. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does anyone know if the new 2.1 update will or can it make the in call volume louder. its the only thing i dont like about what i think is a great phone.

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

This is a much asked question and has been endlessly discussed. The answer will no doubt become apparent at the end of the month. Til then we are all as much in the dark as you.

arkangeluk likes this.
  3. Zlanu

Zlanu Well-Known Member

All I know is that SE is aware of it and hopes to fix it by the 2.1 according to them.

4. mbailey

mbailey Member

I hope they manage to resolve the low volume when using a bluetooth headset also.

5. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

huh? i jump into this forum once in awhile to see the development on the x10 front...even though i returned mine (which admittedly was a complete lemon and likely not representable of all x10's).
    I am not like some that like one phone and hate all others, the x10 was a pretty phone, but i did not trust getting another.

but when i see a complaint on an issue i experienced i chime in...i equally...chime in disagreeing if i see something in my opinion wrong.

didnt like the phone overall..but the call volume issue is real..its a nitemare trying to find that tiny spot where you can barely hear someone...but your comment re bluetooth?
    my experience was completely opposite, i found with a bluetooth earpiece i heard the other person in complete loud and clear speech. They also complimented the sound...well...when it wasnt cracking and popping weird sounds in their ear...hurting them....
    ...but overall the bluetooth volume was loud and clear.

6. mbailey

mbailey Member

Thats strange. I wonder if it is phone dependant or even bluetooth device dependant.

I am using a Sony Ericsson HBH-602.

I use it in the car to make calls.

When I use the same headset with a Sony Ericsson K610i or a Sony Ericsson Elm or a Sony Ericsson P1i the audio level through the headset is fine.

When I used the headset with the X10i the audio level is so much lower.

I have tested this calling the same person, using the same mobile network, driving the same car along the same road at the same speed. The only difference is the mobile phone itself.

In my experience bluetooth audio is alot lower.

Regarding normal phone audio I agree that there is a sweet spot when holding the phone and it can be hard sometimes to find the exact correct position of the ear against the phone.

7. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

my bluetooth that i used with it was just a cheapie plantronics model. you could be right re different models have different volumes. But mine was very loud and clear...which made the occasional call without it...when lets say you didnt have the earpiece with you...unbearable. if i had to simply use the phone by itself it was painful as i strained mightily to hear people.

8. TrietHocNhanSinh

TrietHocNhanSinh Member

My complaint is also the same regarding the in-call volume on the phone itself. Cannot wait until the new software update from SE.

9. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

I doubt it well change to be honest.

Lets be honest the most important thing for any phone to do is make a phone call right?

So, surely after all the small updates and patches SE have done do you not think they would have boosted the in call volume by now?

10. biffsmash

biffsmash Well-Known Member

I've noticed that sounds from the earpeace, whether from the test menu, or when I get a notification while in a call, are very loud, sometimes too loud lol

So maybe they can improve things with the update, although i'm guessing it hasn't been addressed yet because it's something to do with Android 1.6? Only guessing though, and hoping, as my in call volume, and the volume on my Sony Bluetooth headset, are very low right now.

Fingers crossed.
    Biff.