In Depth Review of Ainol NOVO7 Venus Quad Core TabletGeneral

1. jupiter2012

jupiter2012 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Looking at the way the competition is shaping up in the Chinese tablet market, we believe that it

Advertisement
    :
    mapaks, rui-no-onna and mikedt like this.
  2. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Well-Known Member

Agree with almost all the conclusions. However, it should be mentioned the Novo7 Venus is slightly less expensive than either the Ainol Novo7 Fire ($155) or Pipo U1Pro ($150). Granted, it's not by much and you'd probably be better off with the Pipo U1Pro with its RK3066 chipset.

P.S.
    Really like the tablet stand. Where'd you get it? Thanks!
  3. jupiter2012

jupiter2012 Well-Known Member

From a Chinese online shopping website called TAOBAO, lol.
  4. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Well-Known Member

Lol, guess I'll just have to try ebay then.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

The quality of this device might be OK as it's an Ainol, however sales are caveat emptor(let the buyer beware).
  6. cpuken

cpuken New Member

Recent firmware updates for the Ainol Novo 7 Venus have really made it an enjoyable tablet to own and use.
    Ken
  7. udanashasthree

udanashasthree New Member

Hi Ken
    I have a venus.it's current version is 4.1.1 2013.02.27 v1.It's working well.but get heat little bit.battery life is also poor.I watched your video of firmware update.Could you please tell me what's the most stable firmware should I update?please send me a link...
  8. gak0090

gak0090 New Member

I know this question was asked specifically of CPUKEN, but I thought that I might be able to give you my opinion. Thanks to CPUKEN I have used several of the firmwares available and the best is the 4.2.2 beta (0523) so far. All in all, I'm not that impressed with this tablet- and this firmware has at least fixed the internet to being somewhat usable now. I don't hate this tablet- it's just OK. Jupiter2012 review was right on- unfortunately it was not available when I bought this tablet hot off the press. I guess the thing that really annoys me is that Ainol kept call their processor an A9 instead of an A5 quad core. The specs make it look like it is on par with the Nexus 7, but I bought my wife a nexus 7 (before I got my Novo 7) and its not even close. The nexus 7 is buttery smooth with easy touch and no hesitation switching between programs/on the internet or anywhere. The Novo 7 does not perform as well as older Tegra 2 tablets that I have, let alone the Tegra 3 in the Nexus 7. The firmware will only go so far to improve this, because the hardware is lacking- I would much rather have the tegra 2 dual core then the ATM7029 crap core that doesn't run at their advertised 1.5 ghz clock speed and instead runs at like 1.2 ghz. Caveat Emptor - I've made worst purchases.
  9. newsmyglobal

newsmyglobal New Member

Newsmy T8 MINI is also a quad core tablet with original 7.85" ipad mini screen, and it is powered by action 7029 quad core chipset, the price is very competitive.