• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In desperate need of help! PLEASE!

jhope413

Lurker
Jan 16, 2011
Hi, so I posted this already but only one person replied! I really need help/a solution! Ok, I've been trying to avoid updating the software on my MyTouch G3 because I KNEW something was going to go wrong. -_- But yesterday I accidentally pushed "Update Now" when it popped up in the middle of me texting. So now, here's the irony.. After this update, my messaging wont work! I go into it and nothing happens. It's just a black screen, there's no loading circle thing or anything! Eventually if I just leave it open in hopes that it will be working properly if I let it sit there for a few minutes, it just restarts my whole phone! I also have the ChompSMS app and that's not working either. On that one, the "New Message" thing at the top comes up but none of my conversations are shown. So I click new message and try that way. It lets me put in the person's name that I want to text and then I go to start the text message and I enter one letter and it forces closed.. every single time. So please, If anyone can help me, that'd be superawesomefantastic! BUT, I REFUSE to do a system restoring thingy thing where it erases everything. Oh no. I will freak out if that's my only option. No way Jose. Uhuh NOT happening! Ok, I'm done. Thank you!

BUT, I REFUSE to do a system restoring thingy thing where it erases everything.

Sounds like you don't want text messaging than...

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but, I think one reason why nobody is offering you a solution is because you've stated that you refuse to do the one thing that is most likely going to solve your problem.

Seriously... just download one of the many available backup applications and backup all your data and applications. Then perform a factory reset. Reactivate the phone and then restore your data. It's not as painful as you think it is... and if it doesn't work you are probably going to be heading in to T-Mobile for a replacement anyway... so either way you will be restoring your data from backup.

If you can find some way to get Text Messaging back without doing a reset, then congratulations! More realistically, however, I think factory reset is your best option.

Reactions: jhope413
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones