in desperate need of step by step root

Last Updated:

1. joshc286

joshc286 New Member This Topic's Starter

i just recently purchased a behold 2 from t-mo it came with 1.6 loaded but i can not stand the touchwiz, i know BH_man has a custom rom for 1.6 with no TW but as much as i have looked i cant seem to find a step by step on rooting the phone and then installing the rom. i have rotted my my touch without issue several times but this Sammy phone seems to give me nothing but issues and the root guides i have found were all for the phone before the 1.6 update if anyone out there could help me out by giving me a step by step i would be really grateful.

also im not really a noob i am good with computers and phones i just need some clear cut instruction if anyone can help me out please let me know or if there is a guide out there i am missing please post the link...thanks everyone

Advertisement
  2. suyash1

suyash1 Well-Known Member

you dont need root to install roms for this phone. you install rom and most of them alreadyhave root

3. joshc286

hmmm well thats strange, helpful but strange i am starting to hate samsung anyway i digress... ok well im wanting to put take 5 on my phone i have sdk on my comp and installed the adb drivers so exactly where do i go from here ...now that i know i dont need to root it should not be that hard but. my question is will take 5 work even though my phone came with 1.6 from tmo? or do i need to revert to 1.5 first? and what exactly are the steps to get everything going ( i have never used odin before ) and on my mytouch i just followed all instructions from the unlockr but there page dosent give me anything helpful for the behold 2 thanks for the info about root on this phone btw kinda wondered why i couldn't find anything on that lol

4. suyash1

this might help http://androidforums.com/behold-2-all-things-root/66867-how-flash-using-odin.html

5. joshc286

thanks a lot somehow i overlooked that one... i feel like a idiot lol... appreciate the guidance as i really cant tolerate the the twiz interface on this phone and am desperate to get rid of it

6. htwnzballa09

htwnzballa09 Member

7. suyash1

that rom that you linked to is old (1.5) use newer ones(1.6)

8. htwnzballa09

htwnzballa09 Member

thanks for answering, can you give me the link to it?

and i just simply need a faster rom that has vibration and sound, if 1.6 has that then it would be awesome if you can give me the link to it.

9. rgonzal

rgonzal New Member

10. htwnzballa09

htwnzballa09 Member

thanks alot dude!

what software do i need to install it now? im a TOTAL noob to the whole android thing so yeah..:D

11. htwnzballa09

htwnzballa09 Member

and also is 'rooting' required? cause i still havent done that.

12. Oreojacks

Oreojacks Member

Use Odin I think it should be in the file you download and no you don't need root to flash the rom

13. htwnzballa09

htwnzballa09 Member

is there anything that Doesnt work in that rom? such as vibrating? cause i need that for sure.