In Just One Evening Everything Went From Wonderful To Terrible...

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

Well last night it started to happen sudden random re booting. I went two weeks with zero issues now this. The handset will even reboot during a phone call.. not good. I called Radio Shack, I called Sprint twice then I called a Sprint service center. Radio Shack is no help at all. They said they have no idea when they will ever see another EVO in the store certainly not anytime soon. Sprint C/S said "Were Sorry" Big Help, Then I called the Service center that called the warehouse in Dallas Tx they said they might have a couple in the warehouse but were not positive this is where I'm left now. I did two master resets all no good, It seems that update yesterday might have done something to my phone because it worked fine till about that time. I can't imagine Sprint not putting some phones aside of each batch that comes in for replacements. If you need to do a master reset here are the codes ##786# menu choose reset then put in pass code 535639 touch OK

Advertisement
    DucatiDude likes this.
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

The PRL update? Question... Have you ever done a Hard Reset? I did that after my phone started the random reboots and not only have I not had anymore random reboots but my battery life tripled. Not a Master Reset but an actual Hard Reset. I know it seems like a pain but if you back up all your apps and contacts it is 20 minutes out of your life that is well worth it

3. BetterMost

Just did the PITA hard reset wish me luck.

4. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Good luck!

5. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

I like the italicized font. Made me not read your post, but good luck with your reset.

blake247 and RussianVodka like this.
  6. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

damn electronic gizmos!
    I bet the hard reset fixes it

7. Whiteboyx69

Whiteboyx69 Well-Known Member

Mine was going nutts yesterday.... restarted like 10 times then i turned gps off and it stopped... turned it back on and it went nutts again... today everything seems fine though... very strange!

8. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

9. wrchad23

wrchad23 Well-Known Member

Mine did that, either uninstall your downloaded apps or do a hard reset. Just do a hard reset given you have your contacts synced and all your files are saved on the card. Solved it. Mine just sat there one day rebooting over and over again.

10. gapoochi

gapoochi Member

mine did last weekend. I did a hard reset and it fixed it....but now it's doing it again. So for me it was a temporary fix. Radio Shack will call me when they get a replacement in for me (fingers crossed it's sooner than later)
    I did notice the reboots were more often when gps was on but it still happens with it off.
    Good luck!

11. erball

erball New Member

I had some very similar issues anda hard reset cleared everything up for me....hope it does for you as well.

12. BetterMost

So far so good but it has me worried now that its going to happen again. I did nothing to the phone to cause this, the last app I installed was like a week and a half ago so I can't really blame it on a fresh download. I did put a new handset on back order at Radio Shack just in case it goes berserk again. As far as the font? Don't blame me blame the forum server for doing that by itself.

13. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

The forum server? Is that why yours is different than anybody else's?

Good to hear your reset went well. I may do this over the weekend once I back up.

14. BetterMost

If it bothers you so much dear contact the administrator and ask them why it posted in that font.

15. firemanjay

firemanjay Well-Known Member

Please explain what a hard reset is
    Thanks

16. jhale83

jhale83 Well-Known Member

I posted this somewhere else but thought this might be relevant here. I started having random resets the same day my wife did on her EVO. I was reading through all of the battery saving posts and came across one that said to un-check Mobile data always on in the Wireless & network settings and that apparently was the cause of my problem. Once I re-checked that box, neither phone has randomly rebooted the past two days.

17. BetterMost

A Hard reset puts that phone back to all factory settings like the day it came out of the box. Everything you changed or added will be gone and re set to factory settings. Then you have to start all over loading your e mails and any apps you might have installed and operating system mods you might have changed over time.

18. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

I'd take this all with a grain of salt, if you look at OP's other posts most of them are just sensationalist in nature.

19. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of random reboots as well. It's only happened twice in the week that I've had the phone, but it's still slightly concerning.

20. Tan Stewie

Tan Stewie Member

This may be a stupid/basic question; but, how do you perform a hard reset?

Thanks in advance!

21. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

password doesn't work on mine lol

22. knowbody

knowbody Active Member

Having the same issue, but haven't done a hard reset yet. I've tried turning off the GPS, and it still restarted. Turned off wi-fi and location finding through wireless networks, let's see if that helps.

23. ragebot

ragebot Well-Known Member

wat kinda reset is it when you take out the battery and then put it back in after a couple of minutes, sprint did that for mine when it froze so far the only problem I have had.