In line spell checkSupport

Last Updated:

1. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So does it bug anyone else coming from BB that there isn't an inline spellcheck that occurs when typing up emails and web posts and things of that nature? Anyone come up with solutions like an app or setting or something?

Advertisement
  2. NSXLA

NSXLA Well-Known Member

hmmm if it isn't in the predictive text you are probably misspelling the word?

I wish there was predictive text using physical keyboard :mad:

3. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know that the predictive text is there and its not that I'm unable to spell... I usually type fast and using the predictive text would only slow me down. But I then scan back over things to verify that there aren't any really bad spellings before sending things. On my BB it would highlight and underline these issues. No such luck here.

4. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I don't have a Droid yet, so I haven't looked into it (will be getting mine on Thursday). But that would be a welcome addition if it does not exist. Like you, I tend to type faster than my brain can compute spelling errors or missed keys, (especially on cell phone keyboards) and this would be a great help. On a traditional pc keyboard, I normally notice errors as I type, but not so much on smaller, cell phone keyboards...

5. anaxolotl

anaxolotl Member

I noticed this only when i was using the physical keyboard.. either of the soft keyboards seemed to work fine. Did anyone find a setting to give you the same predictive functionality with the hardware keyboard?

6. someguy9

someguy9 Well-Known Member

I was also surprised there wasn't an app for this, it's pretty annoying having to look a word up when typing something

7. VistaProp

VistaProp Member

Search the market for "[FONT=&quot]AdvTxt"

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Advanced Text is lightweight text editor. Current features include Spell Check and QuickText

More info:
    [/FONT]
    LxDroid: AdvTxt - Spell Check and QuickText

8. Wakey

Wakey Well-Known Member